Progressive Slots Allow You to Win Massive Jackpots – Find Out How Here.
Progressive slots are games which are the most popular with players and profitable for the casinos. These are the games with a progressive jackpot as the top win. The progressive jackpot grows every time a player at any online casino all over the world plays that progressive slot. It happens because a small share from every bet goes to the progressive jackpot. Since players can play the same progressive in different online casinos the jackpot grows very quickly until someone hits it. You can see the current size of one or another jackpot over the slot reels. Most progressives have definite rules for players to follow in order to be eligible for the progressive jackpot. However, to tell the truth, the odds of hitting a progressive jackpot are quite low.
Where to progressive slots online?
Play Progressive Slot Machines
Slots are among the most popular games at online casinos and some of the most popular slots are the progressive slots. A progressive slot machine is one that has a progressive jackpot attached to it. They usually come with huge payouts should one hit them. However, because of the huge amounts that they grow into, the probability of hitting one is also quite small.
Should a player hit one of them he is guaranteed a sizeable payout, sometimes one that can change his life forever. This is because a progressive jackpot can easily grow into a million-dollar plus jackpot. A very good example of a progressive jackpot that guarantees a massive payout is Microgaming’s Mega Moolah jackpot; the seed value for this jackpot is $1 million!
What is a progressive slot machine? How Progressive Slots Work.
You get progressive jackpots at land-based casinos – you find a lot of them in Las Vegas, for instance – as well as online and now mobile casinos; you can play them at a mobile casino from your Android device or iPad/iPhone. It usually has multiple machines on a network hooked to it if it is at a land-based casino, or across multiple online casinos from the same operator if it is at an online or mobile casino.
Playing progressive slots is not difficult; the basic methodology is the same as what you adopt to play slots generally. Each time a player bets on any of these machines or on the game at any of the online casinos that it is connected to, a portion of the bet is added to the jackpot. That is why many of the progressive jackpots grow rapidly into massive amounts.
At an online casino or mobile casino you can play the progressive slots in either download or no download mode, depending on the software that the casino uses. All NetEnt casinos, for instance, offer their progressive slots in no download mode only.
While the key to the progressive slot’s popularity is the huge jackpot attached to it, you must know that not every progressive jackpot will give you a million-dollar payout. How much you win depends on, apart from whether you play Max Bet or not, the kind of progressive jackpot. We discuss the different types of progressive slots in the next section.
Types of Progressive Slots
- There are 3 different kinds of progressive slots:
- Standalone progressive slots: These are progressive slots that are not linked to any other machines or online casinos. Initially, these were the sole progressive slots available. You find them in casinos across the world, and the payouts are usually not that large given that they are not linked to other machines or casinos; usually a maximum of $10,000.
- Local progressive slots: These are progressive slots that are linked locally, i.e. to other machines in the same casino. They were the next kind of progressive slots to appear, after the standalone variety. The payout is higher than the standalone progressives, usually around $100,000, though they can go as high as $1,000,000.
- Wide area network progressive slots: These are the newest kind of progressive slots to emerge, and can be found extensively at online casinos and also at land-based casinos. As the name suggests, they are linked to machines in multiple casinos across a wide area. That is why the jackpot value for these slots is usually huge. Apart from the Mega Moolah slot, another good example is Major Millions also from the same provider.
The standalone progressive are also referred to as non-progressive or flat top slots. They differ from the other two varieties of progressive slots – of which the true progressive is considered to be the wide area network progressive slot – in that they are not linked to any other machines, which limits the payout that they generate as it all comes from one machine.
Progressive Slots in Vegas: Hot Shot Progressive & Wheel of Fortune
While it may be cool to sit at home and play your favourite gambling games at an online casino of your choice, there is nothing that can replicate the experience of being in Las Vegas. Las Vegas is considered the gambling capital of the world, and so it is only natural that there should be some phenomenal progressive slots at the casinos in Las Vegas.
There are a significant number of progressive jackpots at the different casinos in Las Vegas. We list for you the top progressive slots in this section, along with when a player last won them.
- Megabucks: The current value of this jackpot is $10,062,068. It was last hit on 8th August 2017 for a massive $11,856,654.67 at the Fremont Hotel and Casino.
- Wheel of Fortune: This jackpot is currently valued at $3,125,911. It was last hit on 13th July 2014 for $1,784,872.22 at the California Hotel and Casino.
- Wheel of Fortune Deluxe: The value of this jackpot currently is $2,771,577. There is no information on when this was last hit.
- Wheel of Fortune $5: This jackpot is now running with a value of $2,450,202. The last time a player hit it was on 24th May 2016 for $1,630,387.76 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino.
- Wheel of Fortune $1: The current value of this progressive slot is $1,063,234. It was hit last on 15th August 2017 for $1,618,185.57 at McCarran Airport.
There are some interesting stories about progressive jackpots in Las Vegas, but nothing could possibly beat the one about the Vegas progressive jackpot that hasn’t been hit in 20 years, as of 2014! The jackpot in question is the Lion’s Share progressive slot machine. It has a current value of $2.3 million and is the last of 50 one-dollar jackpot slot machines that were installed at the same time at the MGM Grand Casino. Of the 1900 slot machines at the MGM Grand, this is the one with the highest ‘occupancy’ rate despite being the oldest 3-reel slot machine there.
Best Hot Progressive Slot Machines
So which are the best progressive slots? There are a number of them available at the land-based casinos across the world, and we earlier listed the highest current progressive slots in Las Vegas.
- There are a number of them for online casino fans as well. We list for you below the top 5 online progressive slots:
- Mega Moolah: This is a 5-reel progressive slot from Microgaming with 25 paylines where the jackpot feature triggers randomly. There is a Wheel of Fortune that has 4 jackpots built into it:
Playing Max Bet gives you a shot at the maximum jackpot amount with the Mega jackpot. The biggest win on this ever was for €17,879,645, hit by Jonathan Heywood, a British soldier, in 2015.
- Mega Fortune: This is a NetEnt progressive slot that has 5 reels and 25 paylines. It has 3 jackpots built into it and has spawned its share of millionaires, with a man from Helsinki winning €17,861,813 in 2013.
- Mega Moolah Isis: This Microgaming slot is themed on the ancient Egyptian civilization and has 5 reels and 25 paylines. It has, like the Mega Moolah jackpot, four jackpots built into it – Mini, Minor, Major, and Mega. The minimum jackpot seed value in this slot is $1 million.
- Jackpot Giant: This is a Playtech progressive slot with 5 reels and 30 paylines. You have play Max Bet for a shot at winning the maximum jackpot value.
- Hall of Gods: This is a NetEnt progressive slot that has 5 reels and has 5 reels and 20 paylines. There are 3 jackpots built into it – Mini, Midi, and Mega – and usually offers a multi-million dollar payout to the player striking it.
There are a large number of other equally good progressive slots from the major software providers like NetEnt and Microgaming. These, however, may not have the same multi-million dollar payout consistently, unlike the ones listed below. They include games like Fishy Fortune, Mega Joker, and Geisha Wonders from NetEnt and Real Time Gaming’s The Three Stooges.
Best Progressive Jackpot Payouts
All progressive jackpots, especially the wide area network progressives, pay out massive amounts when you happen to hit one of them. However, the payout may vary depending on the jackpot itself and the time elapsed since it was hit; the longer the time elapsed the higher it is likely to be. Here are a few, apart from the big ones listed earlier, currently with the highest payouts:
- Jackpot Giant from Playtech: Current value of $9.3 million and growing
- Pirates Millions from 888 Holdings: Current value of over $4.3 million
- Irish Riches from 888 Holdings: Current value of more than $4.3 million
- Going Nuts from Party Gaming: Current value of more than $2.05 million
- Arabian Nights from NetEnt: Current value of more than $3.08 million
Tips on How to Win with Progressive Slots
There is basically no effective slot strategy that can guarantee regular wins when playing a progressive jackpot. The key is to play max bets, because that is the only way most online casinos will let you win the huge payout that the jackpot offers.
If you play with a lower bet than the max bet, the chances of winning the maximum amount remain slim. Imagine if you played a 50c bet and won $200, when you could have played max bets and won $200,000!So depending on whether you are playing at a land-based casino or online casino, you would do one of the following:
- At an online casino, click the Max Bet button to ensure you are playing with maximum bets.
- At a land-based casino, ensure that all the coins that you put in have been registered before you get down to spinning the reels.
- Here are a few tips for playing progressive slots:
- Play only those progressive slots with a high RTP value: any game with an RTP of at least 96% is a good bet.
- Zero in on a game that gives you a good chance of winning the jackpot. It is always considered safer to play a 3-reel progressive jackpot.
- Learn all the details about the game before you play it. It helps to know the coin sizes, what the max bet option would require you to wager, and other such details.
- It is safer to play in manual mode so you can check the outcome of each game; you cannot do this in the Auto Play mode.
- Manage your bankroll well; ensure that you allocate only a portion of your bankroll for playing a progressive slot. That way, even if you do not hit a jackpot winner, you still have enough funds to play the other games at the casino and make some money.