Tips for playing roulette
Remember, roulette is a game of pure chance and nothing except Lady Luck can influence the outcome of a spin. To be a success at the roulette table follow some simple, but useful roulette tips.
Best Roulette Casinos
How to Get the Most out of Roulette: Tips
Are you going to try your luck at the roulette table? Let’s see what you should do in order not to go broke while playing roulette.
1. Don’t think you can win in roulette by using knowledge and skills. Roulette, unlike blackjack and poker, is a game of pure chance. It certainly helps if you know the rules, different bets, odds and payouts, but in the end, Lady Luck plays a central role in the outcome.
2. If you are going to play roulette in a land-based casino, don’t look for biased wheels. The modern casinos use state-of-the-art security systems and regularly test their equipment. Online casinos use a special computer program (Random Number Generator) that can't be biased. Search for reliable and reputable online casinos, they are licensed, audited and checked by trusted gambling authorities regularly.
3. Have you already decided to play roulette? Then set your bankroll and try to manage it. Don’t risk all your hardly-earned money on one spin. Split your bankroll and stop playing as soon as you reach your bankroll limit.
4. You know, there are two types of roulette, a single zero and a double zero roulette. What roulette to choose? Player’s odds are twice as many at the single zero wheels than at a double zero roulette. That’s why, play European roulette to decrease the casino edge. The casino edge in American roulette is 5.26% while in European roulette it’s 2.7%. If you contrive to find No Zero roulette online, you can try it because it has no house edge.
5. Don’t play Inside Bets especially Straight up which has the biggest casino edge and pays out 35:1. Even Money Bets have the best odds, 1:1. You can make Column or Dozen bets which pay out 2:1. All in all, what bets to make is up to you, but don’t forget: play with small chips and do not risk big sums since the chances of winning and losing are the same.
6. Practise before risking your money. Almost all online casinos offer free play mode for all games including roulette. You may also try out different systems or strategies to see how they work.
7. Never even think of buying any roulette system and strategies especially those that offer stable wins. It’s waste of money, because roulette is a game of pure chance and outcome is random! The same tip regards to computer systems, they’re extremely ineffective and may be illegal. There are different betting systems that help to structure your gameplay, however, they can’t increase your odds.
8. Enjoy Roulette and leave the table as soon as you get frustrated or angry when you lose. Maybe, next time Lady Luck will smile on you.
What Chances We Have To Hit In Roulette?
What odds have we got when we play roulette? Let’s take for example European Roulette. I don’t want to speak about American Roulette since an additional bet, “double zero”, doubles the house edge. The house edge at European roulette is 2,7% while in American roulette it grows up to 5,26%. Therefore let’s leave American roulette to those who love it.
Be realistic when you are sitting at the Roulette table and are going to win. The more the bet offers you the fewer chances you have to win it. Thus, a straight up bet (when you make a bet on a single number) has 36:1 odds against winning while any even money bet (red or black, odd/even number) offers 19:18.
You may also notice roulette does not pay what the bets are worth. For example, an even money bet should have 50% odds of winning, but its average winning percentage is just 48,65%! It means in the long run you will win 48,65% and lose 51,35% of your bets on average. The same happens with other bets as well. All this is due to the odd number added to the wheel which is “zero”, hence the casino advantage. The average winning odds on other bets are as follows:
So, if you don’t want to go broke in roulette, strategy is an essential thing. When you are new to roulette, you may be fascinated with the number of bets, coloured chips and other things, therefore you will make many different bets. You may think you increase your chance of winning, however, in fact you boost the casino edge. You’d better follow these roulette tips:
- Play only a European Roulette.
- Play only the outside bets, for example, red/black, odd/even, high/low for each spin. Outside bets pay out 1:1 and cover 18 of the 37 possible combinations.
- Place two equal bets on two outside bets: one bet on an even money bet and the other on a dozen/column which pays 2:1. For example, you bet on red and on the middle Column, which has eight black numbers, thereby you bet on 26 numbers, and four numbers you bet twice. When you spread bets like this, you increase your chances of winning. This strategy allows you to have fun and keep afloat. However, don’t wait for big wins.
- You can also try out your strategy playing for free at first.
Remember, roulette is not the game wherein you will win for a long time. If Lady Luck smiled on you and you won quite a big sum, the best strategy is to grab your money and go away.
|1. Shop around in search of a reputable casino.||1. Look for biased roulette wheel with a repeating result.|
|2. Set betting and time limits.||2. Strive to win back the lost money.|
|3. Choose single-zero European roulette.||3. Play double-zero American roulette.|
|4. Make even money bets.||4. Make Straight-up bets all the time.|
|5. Try the game for free by choosing practice mode.||5. Wager big sums of real money relying on luck.|
|6. Use classic money management systems for betting.||6. Buy any roulette system or computer program for cheating at roulette.|
|7. Enjoy the game.||7. Get mad when you lose.|