NetEnt Kings of Chicago Video Slot Tips and Features
Beyond Lake Michigan and Millennium Park, Chicago has always had that “other side” to it. A side of mafia and mobsters, of bootlegging and underworld activities. Clichéd or not, when movies about Chicago’s mobsters are made, many of the movie scenes are shot in a casino. Which ties everything up with our review of NetEnt’s mobster-themed slot game, Kings of Chicago. Think Alphonse Gabriel “Al” Capone, George “Bugs” Moran or John “Papa Johnny” Torrio and you will understand the gist of Kings of Chicago slot. What makes this game unique in itself (besides its innovative theme) is that NetEnt has somehow managed to incorporate elements of poker into this game. This brings home the theme even more and allows players to get into the thrill of Kings of Chicago slot from the word go.
Kings of Chicago Slot: The Basics
Kings of Chicago slot has five reels and five pay lines with a number of bonus features that reward well. The RTP rate of this slot is a very decent 97.8%, making it a good choice for players.
Kings of Chicago: Linking Slots and Poker
We’ve gone on quite a bit about how NetEnt has incorporated elements of poker into this slot game. This is exactly how it has been done:
- The game is played on what looks like a classic poker table. You will find poker chips, wads of cash, glittering diamonds, fat cigars and glasses of fine scotch on the edge of the poker table.
- When you spin the reels of the slot and they come to a stop, the cards are laid out in front of you as if you were having them dealt to you. The gangster theme comes through delightfully on the cards. For example, the Queen is represented by glam ladies from the 1920’s, while men in suits and fedoras grace the cards as Kings and Jacks.
- The five reels and three rows are dealt out each round in columns of playing cards. The columns are divided into the following: blue Diamonds, black Spades, green Clubs and red Hearts. As a player, your objective is to form poker hands on the reels. The higher the hand you ‘form’, the bigger the payouts. You will want to go for a Royal Flush or a Three of a Kind for example.
- You will also find mob gang members on the playing cards.
Graphics and Sound Features in Kings of Chicago Slot
We have already emphasized the gangster-themed graphics that are found throughout the video slot game, combined with poker symbols and a cool poker table on which are laid out the typical items you’d find in a Prohibition-era casino. The animations are excellent and the graphics are in 3D for some amazingly realistic 3D graphics. As for sound features, the only sounds players will hear are the background noises of a poker game – the shuffling and dealing of the poker cards, and the participants chatting around the table.
Betting on Kings of Chicago Slot
As noted above, Kings of Chicago slot game is a 5 pay line game. While it is obviously not a 40 pay line game, the betting range is more than adequate to truly enjoy the title. The pay lines are fixed, although players are able to pick the amount they wish to wager per round. Players can choose from between 0.01 and up to 1.00 per pay line. The bet level can be adjusted to between one and ten. When all the calculations have been made, a player can wager up to 50.00 per spin – an excellent amount for high rollers. Clicking Max Bet allows players to wager the maximum amount automatically.
Kings of Chicago Slot Paytable
Here’s a tip for players who head to a NetEnt powered online casino to play Kings of Chicago slot. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the slot’s paytable so that you learn about the winning combinations.
Winning poker hands will paid out according to what is stated on the paytable.
- Winning hands include:
- Natural Royal Flush – 10,000 coin jackpot
- Five of a Kind
- Royal Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Three of a kind
Kings of Chicago Slot: Bonus Symbols & Features
The wild symbol in this slot game is the Joker card. It substitutes for all other cards in the game to create winning combinations, and when it completes a win, all prizes are doubled.
Look out for the random-appearing card that has the word ‘Scatter’ written at the bottom of it. Landing three or more of these cards will activate the free spin bonus game.
- Landing three or more Scatter cards activates the free spin mode in Kings of Chicago slot.
- 3 scatters reward you with 10 free spins
- 4 scatters reward you with 15 free spins
- 5 scatters reward you with 30 free spins
In addition, all winnings that you achieve during the free spins round are doubled thanks to the 2 x multiplier.
Kings of Chicago: Our Opinion
We are always fans of video slot games that come with an interesting twist, and there is no doubt that NetEnt has managed to create that twist, thanks to the poker elements. The poker cards in place of your traditional slots images certainly brings in a very entertaining feature. In addition, Kings of Chicago slot boasts some really cool graphics and animations, so that the mobster theme, combined with the casino setup, sweeps you right into the Chicago underworld.
Kings of Chicago slot offers a low house edge, which makes it an attractive choice for both newcomers and highrollers. Combined with the double rewards that you can reap across 30 free spins, and it’s understandable why this game gets a big thumbs up from us.