Blackjack – How to Get the Most out of Playing
At first glance Blackjack is an easy game with quite simple rules, but underneath the surface lies a complex game. There is no Holy Grail of Blackjack success other than to practice and tweak your skills and strategies. Blackjack is a game of mathematical probabilities. If you come prepared, know the rules employ the strategies, play with your head and keep your cool, Blackjack has the best chances for a player to walk away a winner. Like poker, Blackjack is a game involving skill.
With that in mind, even if you are a new player, and you haven’t had time to master the rules and strategies, adhere to the following tips and tricks for now. As you play more, the reasons behind these rules will become evident to you.Where to play blackjack online?
Easy-to-Remember Playing Tips and Tricks
‘Always’ and ‘never’ are really dangerous words, but statistically you can increase the odds to your favour if you:
|Splitting pairs of Aces and 8s.||Splitting pairs of 10-value cards: 10s, Jacks, Queens or Kings.|
|Standing on 17 or more.||Buying insurance.|
|Hitting on 11 or less.||Adhering to the ‘dealer rules.’|
|Using the Basic Strategy.|
- If you are dealt a pair of 8s or Aces, split them. A pair of 8s totals 16; it is the worst blackjack hand and the Basic Strategy wants you stand in most cases.
- And vice versa, a pair of 10-value cards totals 20; it is a good hand to risk it.
- A hand with a point value of 17 or more is risky to hit because you can bust.
- Never even think of buying insurance! The Insurance bet works on the house and can’t help you to win.
- Always hit when you have a hand totals 11 or less because you can’t go bust.
- Never stick to the ‘dealer rules.’ Dealers must hit on 16 and stand on 17. You don’t have to follow this rule. Don’t think the dealer and the player have equal rights. If both the player and the dealer bust, the dealer wins. That’s why this rule doesn’t work for the player, but for the dealer only.
- If you are new to this game, stick to the Basic Strategy to improve your odds against the house.
Beyond skill, there is a factor affecting everything in your life, including your Blackjack game: your mental attitude – how you respond to events over which you have no control. Control your mental attitude, and you will surely alter your odds of walking away a winner at Blackjack or any other game requiring skill.
- Whether you are playing football, the stock market or Blackjack, submit to losing a most of the time, about 70%. According to some statistics, you will lose more hands than you will win.
- Think you don’t have to consider a single hand or session. Remember, you are playing for fun and money.
- Only sit at the blackjack table when you are mentally prepared; be in position to roll with the punches, and when you are full of energy.
- Don’t get distracted. If you are not able to perceive the game in full, leave the table.
- Never drink while you are playing Blackjack.
- Don’t be in a hurry and don’t accept outside pressure to play too quickly, whether you are playing at home or in a casino.
Bonus Money Guide to Blackjack
If you happen to hear ‘money management’ and ‘gambling’ in the same sentence, you may think these are two words that can’t be accepted together. However, they go hand-in-hand with success. If you are used to visiting land-based casino or playing online casino games without using money management systems, it’s time to break off this habit! Try to follow our advice if you want to be a success at the blackjack table.
- Never play with the rent money. Only play with money you can afford to lose, and no more.
- Set a bankroll, a fixed amount of money you are going to wager for the current session or definite period of time. Set your bankroll before sitting at the table, when you’re in full control of your head.
- Walk away as soon as your bankroll has gone. Log off, have a break, go for a walk, do anything else, but do not go on gambling a minute longer.
- Remember, winning and losing cycles occur.
- Whether you are playing football, the stock market or Blackjack, submit to losing a most of the time, about 70%. If you intend to lose 70% of the time, what does that tell you about flat betting (placing an equal wager on each hand)? Instead of flat betting, place different bets, try to feel the game.
- Bet more when you are on a winning streak and less when you are losing. Don’t allow yourself to bet big during a losing streak. Decrease your wagers. Bet more during a winning streak. If you match your bets to your current streak, you draw the odds closer to your favour and away from the house.
- Don’t try to win back losses with one big bet.
- When you have had an extraordinary or even an ordinary winning streak, immediately cash in. If you are varying your bets, you should be able to leave that table as a winner.
- Weather your losing streaks. If you are going to lose most of the time, you are mentally ready to have losing streaks. You need patience to come out ahead when you play a game of chance, even when skill is involved. Don’t go beyond your bankroll, but don’t give up just because you have lost four hands in a row.
- Walk away a winner. Leave the table while you are ahead and don’t look back.