Blackjack – How to Get the Most out of Playing
Blackjack has the lowest house edge over the player of all games ever . So, in essence, it is the most player-friendly game in the world (Best ways to win). Of course, you also have to know what you doing (a basic glossary can be found here): there is a large volume of rules that not many people know but that make a difference between a winner and a loser.
Even players who make really bad choices enjoy a House Edge as small as 3%, and those who know what they’re doing (a guide on how to play – Blackjack rules here) about 1%, and there are even places where a player can get an edge of the house, although not very substantial and not for very long. However, those few hours or few days may be enough to achieve the goal.
Like poker, Blackjack is a game of skill. If you are a new player with little experience adhere to the following tips and tricks for now (Blackjack tips and tricks). As you play on, the reasons behind these rules will become evident to you (Play to Win Blackjack online).
At first glanceWhere to play blackjack online?
Easy-to-Remember Playing Tips and Tricks
The very basic rules of Blackjack come down to knowing when to split, double down, buy insurance (don’t) and when to take a hit.
The essentials: statistically you increase the odds in your favor if you:
|Splitting pairs of Aces and 8s.||Splitting pairs of 10-value cards: 10s, Jacks, Queens or Kings.|
|Split twos, threes, sixes and sevens and nines (not if the dealer has 7 or higher)||Buying insurance(dealers only even get a natural 30% of the time once he gets an ace, so it makes no sense to bet on him)|
|Double down with a total of ten but not if the dealer has a ten or an ace.||Adhering to the ‘dealer rules.’|
|Double down with eleven but not if the dealer has an ace.||Take any more hits with a soft 19|
|Take a hit with an 11 or less.|
|If you have between 12 and 16, take a hit when the dealer’s card is seven or higher|
|It is a good idea to not take anymore hits with a hard hand of 17 or higher.|
|With a soft 17 or less always take a hit.|
|With a soft 18 take a hit if the dealer has a 6 or less.|
|Using the Basic Strategy.|
- If you are dealt a pair of 8s or Aces, split them. A pair of 8s totals 16; it is the worst blackjack hand and the Basic Strategy will have you stand in most cases.
- Vice versa, a pair of 10-value cards totals 20; it is a good hand to risk it.
- Never stick to the ‘dealer rules.’ Dealers must hit on 16 and stand on 17. You don’t have to follow this rule. Don’t think the dealer and the player have equal rights. If both the player and the dealer bust, the dealer wins. That’s why this rule doesn’t work for the player, only for the dealer.
- If you are new to this game, stick to the Basic Strategy to improve your odds against the house.
Best ways to win at Blackjack
It is, admittedly, a game of chance, but more importantly, level-headedness and calm, mechanical calculation. Just like you see Tom Cruise do in Mission Impossible (The best way to play Blackjack and card counting). Patience, stamina and religious reverence to the rules of winning is what makes all the difference.
No matter what you hear, short-term and long-term strategy really matter, which is why what follows is a list of essential techniques.
Blackjack is a game of mathematical probabilities. In order to win:
- Come prepared
- Know the rules
- Use a good strategy (below)
- Use your head, not your heart
- Keep your cool when trouble comes your way
The strategies below have been based on the Theory of Probability, and Blackjack is one of the few games (because it has very clear-cut rules) in casinos where knowing math can give you a real edge over the casino (How to play Blackjack online and win?). Having studied statistics makes everything easier (or at least more predictable). For example, if you know that if a dealer is standing on a soft seventeen, he goes bust around 29% of the time, it is easier for you to make educated guesses. Unlike, for instance, with roulette with its blind odds, which from a scientist’s point of view is pretty much like walking into a flow of highway traffic and hoping for the best .
If you want to learn some cold, hard science which will help you beat the system and net you some tangible results, here we go.
Blackjack hints and best way to win
Because of its plain and strict rules, Blackjack means a cold, hard science behind it that dates back to one brilliant scientist Blaise Pascal, who gave birth to a theory of probability applied to casino games. Very few people actually enjoy studying the theory in depth.
The statistical theory can actually be tremendous fun if you’re into statistics, bell curves and alternate dimensions (just kidding, but it is stipulated that, for instance, overall chances of winning in Blackjack are around 42%, the chance of winning six hands in a row is 0.99%, and the probability of blackjack in a six-deck shoe is slightly less than 5% ).
Nevertheless, you don’t have to be a genius with a predisposition for streak predisposition dispersion calculation to have successful winning streaks. Knowing the fundamental rules (like the examples we listed above) will significantly tip the odds in your favor.
The best way to play Blackjack and card-counting
Additionally, there is the discipline of counting cards, but technically studying it will only increase your chances of winning by a fraction of a percent, so the general rule of thumb is – unless you’re a professional – don’t do it in hope of marked improvement. Then again, it’s great if you’re playing for fun.
One separate word about statistical probability and likely outcomes. There are two types of probability, if we’re talking very simplified and rough theory. Absolute probability concerns anything that happens more than 50% of the time, and relative probability is anything less than 50%. If you’re going to make an on-the-spot decision, it’s best to rely on odds based on absolute probability. For example, with a hard 18 it is absolute probability you’re going to go bust if you take another hit.
However, when you make assumptions about what other cards turn up, be careful to bear in mind how many cards there are in the pack and what the chances are of them turning up (total number of cards in the deck and the percentage of these particular cards).
Make careful judgements about the statistical probability of any one card turning up and watch that it is as close to fifty percent as possible. For example, when you’re told to assume that the dealer’s hole card is ten, because it “probably” is, remember that there are only 16 out of 52 cards that count as tens, so the chances of getting a ten are less than 30%. So not a good bet. Always consider probable outcomes carefully.
Play to Win Blackjack online: Mental Attitude
Your mental attitude is how you respond to events over which you have no control.
Alter your mental attitude, and you will surely alter your odds in favor of walking away a winner at Blackjack or any other game requiring skill.
- Whether you are playing football, the stock market or Blackjack, submit to losing a most of the time, about 70%. According to some statistics, you will lose more hands than you will win.
- Think you don’t have to consider a single hand or session. Remember, you are playing for fun and money.
- Only sit at the blackjack table when you are mentally prepared; be in position to roll with the punches, and when you are full of energy.
- Don’t get distracted. If you are not able to perceive the game in full, leave the table.
- Never drink while you are playing Blackjack.
- Don’t be in a hurry and don’t accept outside pressure to play too quickly, whether you are playing at home or in a casino.
Bonus Money Guide to Blackjack: How to play Blackjack online and win
Hearing “money management” and “gambling” in one sentence may confuse you. Usually these are mutually exclusive terms.
However, combining them will lead to success. If you are used to visiting land-based casino or playing online casino games without using money management systems, it’s time to break the habit! Winning advice:
- Never play with the rent money. Only play with money you can afford to lose, and no more.
- Set a bankroll, a fixed amount of money you are going to wager for the current session or definite period of time. Set your bankroll before sitting at the table, when you’re in full control of your head.
- Walk away as soon as your bankroll has gone. Log off, have a break, go for a walk, do anything else, but do not go on gambling a minute longer.
- Games rules will vary between different sites. As with T+C’s, go through them carefully or even write down the main points. . It is a good idea to find the casino with the most favorable House Edge. There is a difference between true odds and what is advertised.
- Remember, winning and losing cycles are as perennial as the grass.
- Whether you are playing football, the stock market or Blackjack, submit to losing a most of the time, about 70%. If you intend to lose 70% of the time, what does that tell you about flat betting (placing an equal wager on each hand)? Instead of flat betting, place different bets, try to feel the game.
- Bet more when you are on a winning streak and less when you are losing. Don’t allow yourself to bet big during a losing streak. Decrease your wagers. If you match your bets to your current streak, your strategy is safer.
- Don’t try to win back losses with one big bet.
- When you have had an extraordinary (or even an ordinary) winning streak, immediately cash in. Quit while you’re ahead.
- Face your losing streaks with courage, but if they go on for too long. Know when to quit.
- Walk away a winner. Leave the table while you are ahead and don’t look back.